Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Summary

It's been a good weekend so far. Friday, I was able to teach a lesson in the junior high class about the poem "Casey At Bat". The kids seemed to enjoy it and the lesson I gave them. That night, we watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" and it was really good. I'm loving our new Netflix. I signed up for it about 2 weeks ago and it's been nice so far. The kids like having a new cartoon to watch every few days and I love not having late fees. Today, I kicked butt on the house. I cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and the bathrooms. I managed to make lunch and bake cookies all around watching the church conference on tv. The guys attended a church meeting tonight. So, I invited some gals from church over with their kiddos to hang out at my house. We let the kids run wild while we chatted and snacked on cookies, chips and dip. It was time well spent. Tomorrow, we will watch more of the conference and will be having dinner at my brother-in-law's.

The catch 22 of a good weekend of cleaning and socializing is that I usually haven't touched my homework. And that is the case right now. I have a presentation due in my language arts class that I have yet to start. It's really hard to have to compromise between a clean house and homework. I hate to see one suffer, but am only able to do so much at once. 4 more weeks, 4 more weeks has become my mantra.


The above was typed yesterday and it is now Sunday.

We just got back from my brother-in-law's house for dinner. It was really good food and great company. Among the guests was a woman that H used to date in high school and her husband. H's latest client is buying their house and we invited them to the dinner tonight. They're a pretty nice couple. Dinner didn't agree with me however, and I'm not having a good time right now. Will post more later. Got some homework to do, laundry to wash, and about a million more trips to the loo. Good night.

No comments: