Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Quickie...(hee hee)

Yeah, I'm busted. I got my new cord a few days ago and still haven't posted anything. But, in my defense, I had to have a full day of alone time with my computer to get reacquainted and catch up on stuff. I also have been working hard on the house and subbed on Friday. So, there are my excuses.

Updates: I have a list of housework and changes to the house I want to make before the baby comes along. Cause Heaven knows that not much will be getting done after he's here. Nobby is planning to throw me a baby shower before the end of this month. She's still trying to set up a date that works for everyone.

Hobby is getting married on the 3rd of May and planning anything with her is like trying to nail down a feather blowing in the wind. (If I was from Texas, I would probably be able to come up with a better analogy than that.) She is working two jobs, taking a full load of grad courses and trying to plan her own wedding in the next three weeks. We are still planning to throw her a bachelorette party the week before the wedding.

OH! I have a new toy! I bought myself a new car! It's a 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan and I love how it drives. It's the first car I've bought all on my own. I took out a loan in my own name and registered it and everything. It felt awesome. I know, kinda weird that I'm turning 28 soon and this is the first vehicle I've bought on my own, huh? Well, I cosigned on a car with H once when we first got married, but this is all mine. And I would looove to post a pic of it for you to see, but that will have to wait. See, along with every other electrical device we own, our camera too seems to have conked out on us. If I can't get it working, I'll be calling the company for a replacement since we've only had it since December.

But I'm sooo happy with my van.

Other than all that, there's not much new going on. I will still be posting about our trip and working my bum off around the house. Hope you're all having a blast with life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been waiting for you to post. :) And congrats on the van-I'm jealous! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

That's me, your feather in the wind! Sorry it has been so tough to figure a day out... hopefully we can get one soon!