Monday, March 31, 2008

The Electrical Gods are Casting Their Fury Upon Us

My laptop power cord is officially deceased. I just ordered a new one from Toshiba and it will be arriving in a few days. This is not a new problem. My first cord was damaged when H, and I'm sure others as well, tripped over the cord. So, I bought a generic one on eBay and that only lasted a few weeks before just conking out. A comp-savvy friend was kind enough to fix the first (original) cord for me, but something seems to have slowly killed that one on our trip. It even made a sad, little whine before it died. So, while ordering from the company directly will cost more, it comes with a one year warranty. So, hang in there, I will be posting about our vacation, complete with pics (that are currently on my battery-drained laptop) soon. Keep checking back.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that our TV and both vehicles are also dying. Yeah, we're in a prolonged state of mourning around here. When it rains, it pours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back and I can't wait to hear about the trip! Yay!
Also, COMPLETELY sorry about everything going kaput. That royally stinks. :-(

Anonymous said...

Argh. :( Frustrating all around! I hope a solution comes up to help improve things soon. Love you hun!