Thursday, April 10, 2008

I could use a shot of energy.

I could really use a Mountain Dew Amp. I haven't had one since before we started trying to get pregnant, back in October. I know, I know...I can't have one. It's not that I'm craving one, it's just that I'm so darn tired. I know that it comes with the territory of carrying and developing a whole other person in my belly. But, I would love some extra energy right about now. I'm a pretty unmotivated person as it is when it comes to cleaning and organizing around the house. But, I could really use some bursts of energy to help me get this house in some kind of shape before the baby comes along. I plan to have the nursery painted before my baby shower at the end of the month. I want to be able to move everything right up into the room and set it up after the shower.

So, yeah, I could really use some energy. I subbed on Tuesday, and you all know how that went. Wednesday, I did some science experiments with Mister's class and today, I gave a volunteer lesson on business to his class. I'll be doing four more of those classes in the next couple of weeks. I think it went pretty well today. It was just draining today to run errands, prepare the lesson and then present it. It's frustrating when it's only 4 p.m. and I'm already ready to go to bed. I'm hoping to get some cleaning done tomorrow before the kids get home at 1 p.m. and then go to theater. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I avoided caffeine like the plague when I was pregnant with Ry. Enter in a 3 and a half pound preemie. I indulged myself every once in awhile with an iced coffee or cherry coke with Jack...enter in a healthy 8 pound kiddo!
Not that caffeine was a make or break (I know it's best to stay away from it) but I think it's alright to treat yourself once in awhile.
I hope you get some good rest this weekend!