Sunday, April 27, 2008

LonDoll parties are the best.

Yesterday was one long day of fun. First, the LonDolls threw me a baby shower at my house. About 20 people came and it was a lot of fun. We played two games. The first, everyone passed around 8 diapers with melted chocolate candy bars in them and they had to guess what kind of candy bar it was. Some of them looked too real, and one pregnant guest had to opt out because she is still in the nauseous stage. One person actually got 7 of the 8 right. Then, everyone cut off a string of yarn that they guessed would fit around my belly. Tiny was actually the closest for a long time, but was eventually beat out by someone else.

We ate chicken salad sandwiches and fruit salad with blue Hawaiian Punch. And I got quite a few gifts. I received clothes, bath supplies, blankets and gift cards. The LonDolls also pooled their money for me to buy a glider rocker, the number one thing I wanted. I was so happy. It was a great shower and it was nice to sit and chat with so many friends.

After cleaning up the party, we left to take Hobby to her bachelorette party. We dressed her up as Hugh Hefner and we were her "bunnies". We wore ears and tails and ate at Tepanyaki. It is a Japanese restaurant where they cook up and serve the food right in front of you. It was really delicious and we just had fun chatting and laughing. Before we left, we surprised Hobby with her bachelorette cake. It said, "Marriage, the gift that keeps on giving". She turned a nice shade of red and loved it.

From there, we all drove to Nobby's house and pigged out on fondue, caught up on each other's lives, and played a dirty version of Pictionary. We also each gave her some naughty gifts, which included underwear, edible underwear, a fun pack of condoms, KY, sex books, and a few other items. I would definitely say that she is all set. It was so good to see all the girls and just visit and relax. It's been so long since we've all been together. Thankfully, they're all doing well, keeping busy. We finally headed home about 12:30 a.m. and I was pretty tired this morning when we had to get up for church. But I had a wonderful day.

The fun doesn't stop there either. Next weekend is another full one. Friday, Mody is graduating from the university and her parents are throwing her a bbq. Saturday is Hobby's wedding. So, we have so much more to look forward to.

In other update news, H bought a yellow monster. At least, that's what I call it. He bought a 2004 Ford F-150, 4-door truck. Oh, and it's really yellow...and big. He's been wanting a big, yellow truck for sometime. I find it humorous. It reminds me of the story "A Rose for Emily". The woman's suitor drove around ostentatiously all over town in a bright yellow buggy. Don't know why it reminds me of that, but it's funny to me. At least we don't have to worry about losing it in a parking lot.

5 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

How nice for you! How far along are you?

Roberta said...

I'm now about 6 1/2 months along. And I'm enjoying every minute.

Nicole said...

Hey Roberta! Congratulations on the new baby! HOW have you been?!

Nicole said...

i found bree's first.. and her's leads to the rest of ya'll's. i think i searched for her name.. it was awhile ago, back when i found whitney on facebook too. i was posting my london pictures to my facebook account and was thinking, "huh, i wonder what happened to all those girls."

Roberta said...

How funny. Well, welcome to the LonDolls blogosphere. As you can see, we all still get together and hang out. It's been great having the girls in my life. They're still a blast.