Monday, March 10, 2008

LonDolls Update

Mody, Hobby, Birdy (me), and Nobby

Dinner with the LonDolls was great, except that we were without the wonderful Trippy because she got stuck at work. Hobby (blonde in the middle) took the opportunity to announce that she is ENGAGED! She has been dating the lucky guy for more than a few years and they will be getting married on May 3rd. We're so happy for her and hope to give her a hen party (bachelorette) she won't soon forget. Hen parties require a theme. With Nobby's party, she was an angel and we were devils and we went out clubbing in Denver. It was great and we actually went to a club called "The Church". The coincidence truly was random. One suggestion that I made for Hobby's party, and I really was just throwing it out there to be funny, was that she dress as Hugh Hefner and we would be the Playboy bunnies. Although I was just being silly, they loved the idea. So, I'll have to let you know how that pans out.
Another update, Mody is dating, mostly hanging out with, a new guy. He came by the restaurant after we had eaten so that we could meet him. It didn't take much for us to approve of him. He is a really sweet guy that seems genuine and treats Liz well. He got thumbs up from us all.
In other news, I had an OB appointment today and everything looks good. The doc listened to the baby's heartbeat and said it sounded good. I was a bit shocked that I have only gained 3lbs. in the last month. H brought home a Costco cheesecake last week and we've been working our way through it pretty steadily. I thought for sure that that would reflect in my weight. I'm working things out to have my sonogram soon. I'm just waiting for the insurance to clear it all and then I can schedule it. I'm thinking, if all goes well, we'll be able to find out what we're having this week.
Considering the fact that it's been almost eight years since my last baby was born, I am sorely lacking baby supplies. I passed our crib, swing, high chair, playpen, walker, and more to my cousin about 5 years ago. She has put it all to good use, but I was pretty sure that we would have to start from scratch. But luckily, my mom told me that when we visit at the end of the month, she'd like us to take back a lot of baby stuff with us. They had bought a lot for my brother's little girl and she has outgrown the use of it. So, now their room is cluttered with baby stuff. So, we'll be bringing back a swing, playpen, walker, bouncer, and a couple other things. Some friends have already given us a crib, so we are really being provided for. My family has always given us so much. I am incredibly blessed.

3 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

I love it! You look terrific. Congrats to the new bride to be!

Roberta said...

You're too kind. I thought I looked pretty tired.

Something McSomethingkins said...

For the record, I refuse to dress up as a playboy bunny. That said, I also refuse to go clubbing again. I love you all, but I was pretty miserable in that particular experience.

Congrats on your news! How do your kids feel about the gender? Hopefully I will be able to make it to the next gathering. Did you hear I might be in Germany on the wedding?