Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Five

We just got back from the dollar theater where we watched "Ghost Rider" and "Night at the Museum". They were both highly enjoyable. I do believe that we will be purchasing both movies when they are on dvd.

Today was pretty busy. After helping teach at the junior high, I picked up the kids, went by the bank, and purchased a used treadmill off
craigslist. On the way to the bank, Tiny told me that she lost a tooth while chewing her gum. But it wasn't a tooth, it was her filling. Thankfully, the dentist could fit her in about an hour and a half later. Apparently, the tooth (which had had a root canal last year) had cracked. The remaining tooth was pretty loose and they decided to go ahead and pull it. I'm really glad it had no nerves in it. That probably made it much less painful. So, she is one tooth less, awaiting the tooth fairy, and did really well.

School is not getting much easier. But I guess it wouldn't at the end. My language arts professor decided to rearrange the remainder of our syllabus and also cut out a day. This should be interesting. We will be assigned our final theory paper on Tuesday. I have to prep my oral presentation for Spanish this weekend and will present on Wednesday. We will also be practicing for our final oral composition. I'm mainly just aiming to pass that, not worried about doing stellar on it. I'm praying for strength.

By the way, I purchased my cap and gown a couple of days ago. I am graduating in Humanities and, therefore, have a white tassel. I told H that I got a little emotional when I got them. I'm going to cry like a baby when I walk the stage and they say my name.

So, for the theme today...I have chosen the Friday Five. The Five are random bits of info about me or any other random subject I pick. You never know what will show up in this one. For the inaugural Friday, it will be:
5 Things You May Not Know About Me (and probably didn't want to)

1. The first poem I ever wrote was about a football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Detroit Lions, in which the Lions won. Story behind this: our principal LOVED the Cowboys and my parents HATED them. Every morning, the principal would choose some poems written by students to read over the intercom. So, I decided to write a poem about the game, dogging the Cowboys, of course, and give it to him. Obviously, he didn't read it. But that started my interest in poetry.

2. I have a butterfly tattoo on my back. I have posted a
pic of this before. I got it about a week after I turned 18 and had originally planned to get a tatto of a vine of sunflowers around my thigh. However, I was informed that the black vine would take more than one visit to get dark enough. So, I got a butterfly instead. And in case you're wondering...no, it doesn't really hurt, just sore.

3. I LOVE my hair. I hated it for years when I was younger. This was mainly because it got really curly as I aged and I had no idea what to do with it. Now, thanks to it calming down and the miracle of the flat iron, I LOVE it. I have a lot of fun with it and am trying to grow it back out.

4. I had a major crush on Joey Lawrence when he was on the show "Blossom". I remember swooning when he put out his own music video. I, of course, had pics of him on my walls, cut out from those teen mags. 
Quite a fashion flashback, eh?!

5. I've watched "The Goonies" enough times to have it memorized. I'm surprised we didn't wear out the VHS (yes, I said VHS) it was recorded on.

Hope you enjoyed this little revealment of me.

2 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

So I swear you've done that theme before. Regardless, I saw no picture of Joey Lawrence.

Roberta said...

Something must be blocking it from your comp cause no one else seems to have trouble viewing the vids I post. Missed you at the shower.