Friday, January 04, 2008

LonDolls Tea...A Barrage of Pics

Yesterday, I got to have tea with my LonDoll girls. I love spending time with them, doing just about anything. We tried a new English bakery downtown and it was just like being back in London. They had all the great dishes, pastries and teas. Before we ate though, we exchanged our Christmas gifts and I think we made off with a pretty good stash. From Bree, I got a tree skirt that actually matches our new stockings perfectly. From Liz, she brought us back some loofah soaps from Hawaii. They look cute and smell great. From Whitney, I got some really warm gloves that are in my fav color.And from Melissa, I got the same awesome present she gives every year...socks. Not just any socks, but fun socks.









So, it would only be fitting for me to get her the same thing. Really soft socks with reindeer on them. I also got Whitney some earrings that screamed her name when I saw them. (It should be illegal to be that cute!)









I also got Bree some bracelets. She looks good in anything. And "Footloose" for Liz, because someone has to educate these young'uns on the classics.









So now, on to the food. Bree and I ordered beans on toast and I also had a delicious dessert trifle. Some of the others had scones with jam and clotted cream and various teas. My choice of tea was, and always is, peppermint.
We laughed, we caught up on each others' lives and discussed baby names, even though I pretty much already have those decided. Bree works in a hospital maternity ward and she had many names to share. There seems to be a trend to name girls with traditionally boy names.
Oh, I can't tell you how much I love these girls. I've shared some of the best times with them. They are like sisters. They are such beautiful, intelligent women and they are such a blessing to me. I'm so happy that they are all accomplished and happy in their lives. Melissa studies labratory sciences and, while being a master of procrastination (only matched by me, I think), is brilliant. She also has a wry sense of humor that never leaves me bored. Liz is my sounding board and my main source of humor and laughter. She just graduated with a double major and a minor and hopes to teach ESL outside of the country. She is also coming along greatly in her tutelage of my procrastination as well. Bree, though amazingly beautiful on the outside, is more so on the inside. She is instantly engaging and sincerely loving. She is pre-med and a starry-eyed newlywed. And Whitney, well Whitney is brilliant...and beautiful. She, as pointed out on Bree's blog, is referred to as Google. She knows and remembers large amounts of information. She has a degree in English and also culinary arts. Beauty and brains abound in this group.
How can one not feel loved when surrounded by such ladies?

1 comment:

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

First of all I LOVE YOU! You girls are like the sisters I never had. Thank you for all those sweet comments you made. I love the way you write! You always use such great words! You're not an English Major for nothing :) I wish we lived right next door to everyone like in London, except now we'd have hubbies and your kids which would be so wonderful! I have spent some of the best times in my life with you Berta! I love you lots! Bree