Thursday, June 07, 2007

Paint is a Wonderful Thing

The last couple of days have been pretty busy. Yesterday, I worked on Tiny's room some more and had gotten the chalkboard paint done. They have to wait a couple of days to draw on it. Last night, Hobby invited us to go up to the ski lodge to swim and hot tub. Well, we went even though it was snowing in the mountains...yes, it is June here too. The pools are kept warm for year round swimming up at the lodges. When we arrived, we tried to just stay in the indoor hot tub but were told that the kids weren't allowed in there. They had a family pool. However, it was outside. Picture us looking outside, there is about 5 inches of snow on the ground, it's still coming down, and the wind is blowing. I was not thrilled with the idea of going outside, in the cold, already wet with nothing but a bathing suit and a towel on. I was especially concerned with the kids. But we decided that it was worth a try, so we ran down the path as fast as we could, barefoot and screaming from the cold snow under our feet. As soon as we got through the gate, we jumped into the warm pool. It felt really good. And the wind wasn't blowing as hard where the pool was. It was awesome. How often does anyone get to go swimming in the snow in June?! I just wish we could have taken a picture of us with snow in our hair and swimming in the warm water. The kids had a blast swimming and having snowball fights at the same time. After our dip, we changed and headed back down the mountain for dinner. We went to a great bbq roadhouse (I told you I love bbq) and they had the most awesome sweet rolls and tender ribs. Yum!!! After dinner, we said our goodbyes and thanks to Hobby for a great time.

Today, I finished, yes, finished the painting in Tiny's room. I even put up most of her stickers and some border. I need to buy two more borders to go around the room, but it's looking really good. Here are some pics of the progress...












































I'll post more pics of the room when I get the rest of the border up and put the furniture back in order. All of this has been a lot of work, but I have really enjoyed it. This weekend, I wil be focusing on prepping the house and everything for Tiny's bday party on Monday. After that is all settled down, I will start Mister's room. Here is the color that I will be painting his room with white trim. He also picked out this border and stickers for his room. I will, of course, be posting the before and afters of his room as well.





No comments: