Monday, October 27, 2008

A Halloween Quickie

As I speak (type?), there are art supplies all over the living room floor, laundry covering the couch, and pumpkin guts and seed all over the dining room. Welcome to my life. It's an exhaustive to-do list, a neverending "before" with rarely an "after". But at times like these, I force myself to think of the good parts of it all. My kids are happy and healthy enough to make a pumpkin mess, that's half the fun anyway. They are creative and always looking for something crafty to do. And we have the electricity and water to wash clothes clean and wear them each day, even if they are slightly wrinkled.

As you might have surmised, the kids got to carve pumpkins tonight. They sketched their own designs and then carved away. Tiny's is pretty traditional and Mister's is a bit avant garde.









Even Little Man got in on the action when H gave him a spoon.

I laughed so hard when I saw this. He's getting good at gripping things and also managing to get them into his mouth.

This weekend, we attended the fall carnival at church. All the kids were dressed up, and a few of the adults too.

Better be off...Little Man is paging me. Good night.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Fun photos!! I love this time of year!

I hope your daughter's arm heals quickly...poor thing.