Thursday, January 04, 2007

So, Here's the Plan, Stan...

Well, I've thought a lot about what I should do since I got my scores back. I figured that the only reason I didn't nail those tests was because of the very short prep time I had. So, I'm not going to repeat that mistake and retake them again so soon. Not to mention that it costs a fortune every time I retake them. Without those passing grades, I am not eligible for grad school this year. So, I will put off grad school until next year and take the time between now and then to prepare well for the test retakes and to prepare my grad school apps properly. I will graduate in May as planned and until next year, I am going to take the math classes that I had planned on for my math endorsement. This is not what I had planned, but I have to roll with the punches and make the best out of what is before me. I will also try to gain more classroom experience this year. I don't know what is in store, but I'm willing to follow it.

I don't know if this has anything to do with all that, but I've also felt lately that I need to focus more on my writing as well. I have goals with my writing and I should put forth some effort in that area. So, I am going into this new plan a little blind and pretty bruised, but with a lot of faith. We have always made it through trials and been fine. I have faith in God and what He has planned for me. That doesn't mean I'm not nervous and a little frustrated, just that I trust.

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

My sister is going through a similar thing. She didn't pass the Bar for the second time. In some ways, I'm not surprised. She's a mom of 2 kids under 5, working full time. It's hard to do it all. Unfortunately she was let go from her job as a law clerk downtown due to failing twice, but at the same time, it's a blessing so that she can concentrate more on studying. She, too, missed by a few points only. So frustrating, but I can tell you'll turn it around to your favor. I'm thinking of you.