Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor (Day) of love and sore muscles

It's 11:30 and I'm tired, but can't go to bed yet. I'm waiting for laundry to finish drying. I was pretty impressed with my latest purchase, OxyClean Versatile. I threw the kids' muddy and wet new school shoes in the wash after our hike today and was just praying that they would come clean. I put in the regular detergent and a scoop of OxyClean. I wish I had taken a pic of the shoes before I washed them and another after. I was amazed. The shoes looked brand new. I love this stuff.

So, as I said, we went for a hike today. We headed for a waterfall that H and Tiny have visited before. It was really worth the hike, but I have to say that climbing some steep hills and rocks does not bode well with a fear of heights. H and the kids made it up above the waterfall by scaling a really steep, loose dirt path. I know my limits and that was it. I waited for them. But the waterfall was awesome. It came from above, fell through an opening, and down into a cave. The rushing water emitted a cool spray that was nice on such a hot day. We took a few pics and enjoyed the atmosphere. Then we headed back down, driving the scenic route. I told H during the drive that I loved living here. I love driving up the mountains on a hot day to cool off. I love when the leaves turn in the fall and I love to watch the kids snowboard down the slopes. I think we'll be here for a while. I hope your Labor Day was as enjoyable.

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Great tip on the Oxyclean. I'm wondering if it will set off Nick's allergies though? I will check it out. As usual, you rock with the You Tube. I'm not kidding. I love your picks so much I have to force myself to read about YOU first before clicking play and heading into You Tube Nirvana. (Not that I don't enjoy reading about you. But Hugh Grant dancing? Oh, Yes, Give me another!)