Friday, September 28, 2007

Catching Up

Ok, no more excuses for not posting. I got my new laptop cord a couple of days ago and am really glad to have my comp back. Unfortunately, you know how it goes. When one thing starts working again, something else will inevitably break. That something is my cell phone. If I call someone, they can't hear me at all. If they call me, I can't hear them. I'm keeping my eyes open for a deal on a new cell because I don't want to buy a brand new one and I don't want to have to renew our contract to get an upgrade. Other than that, our internet and power both went out today. Fun, fun.

We had to get out and do something and ended up at the dollar theater. We did a double feature of The Simpsons Movie and Transformers. This is like the third time I've seen Transformers and it just gets better every time. It's one I will definitely be buying when it comes out. The Simpsons Movie was good, enjoyable. (I know. High praise, huh?)

This week was season premiere week for television. The three shows I made sure to watch were Heroes, Ugly Betty, and CSI (the original). The one that I was most impressed with was Ugly Betty. Last season's cliffhanger left you wondering if Betty's sister's fiancee had been killed in a holdup. The season opened with it showing him injured, but mending. The sister and he spend the whole episode holed up in the house and spending every minute sharing how grateful they were and how much they loved each other. It was really touching and made you feel great that he survived. He convinces her that they really should leave the room and get back to life, no matter how dangerous and unsure it is. Then, it next shows Betty's sister sitting on the bed, clutching her pillow,.....alone. He had died after all. The whole day that they spent together was actually in her own mind, she was dealing with the pain of losing him. It was such a stunner. I was shocked and sad. But it was all done so perfectly too. That show is a winner for a reason.

So, other than my tv addiction, I am looking for more permanent full-time work. I have an exam for an USPS job next Saturday morning. I am also building my resume to apply to 2 or 3 different jobs. If I work more, we can hopefully get some of our debts taken care of. With the kids both in school full-time and them being older now, there's few reasons for me to not work more. I just hope I can find something good that pays decent.

The kids are doing fine. Mister has taken up cello for the school orchestra. Tiny wants to participate in a program where little girls will cheer with local high school cheerleaders during a football game half-time show. And they both want to take part in a play with a youth acting group. So, that should keep them busy for a while.

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Love the movie trailers! Thanks!