Monday, December 11, 2006

Finals...Good Times!

Here I sit, helping Mister do his math homework. It's slow in coming tonight, especially since H is also trying to outfit them to their snowboards for a quick trip tonight to the slopes. They love to board and have very little fear. That's a good thing for them. I promised myself that I would try it this year. I won't be making that happen tonight though since I have a 6-8 page paper due tomorrow afternoon for my children's lit class. It sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to write a paper about children's lit, but you should try to find a running theme between two novels, ranging from Peter Pan to Winnie the Pooh. It's not as easy as it seems. Comin up this week, I also have to retake the GRE on Wednesday and have a 5-7 page paper due in theory along with my project. I will be SO glad when it's Friday evening and I'm melting onto the couch, watching a movie, and generally feeling buzzed from all the stress relief.

Why am I taking the GRE again, you ask? Well, apparently I didn't get a high enough score on the written section. I really don't understand why I didn't do well enough on this section, especially since writing is my strong point and I have been writing paper after paper for the last 8 years. Needless to say, I was and am still pretty pissed off about this. I am also mad that I have to pay another $130 to take the stupid test over again. I told H that the hardest part for me to deal with is that all through college, how well I did was determined by me: how hard I studied, how well I wrote a paper, etc. And now, I have someone else telling me that I didn't do good enough to merit a better score, someone I've never met and who doesn't know my abilities as a writer from spit. And this person is the one that is holding up my grad school requirements. THAT pisses me off.

Well, glad I could get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

I SO can't wait until we are in NM and eating good food and opening great presents.

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Good thoughts coming your way. Happy Holidays.