Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So then I was running from the alligator in my underwear...

Here it is...the eve of a new semester. It is the gentle calm before the storm. It is that last peaceful moment that you know you should enjoy but are too anxious to and your insides are flipping around. I had a dream the other night about starting school and I realized that I have had that same dream everytime I am about to start school again, dating back to junior high. I'm back in my childhood bedroom and I am getting ready for the first day of school. So, I look through my closet for something to wear. I have tons of cute, never before seen outfits in my closet that I would kill for, but.....I CAN'T FIND A THING TO WEAR! I have all these cute options: miniskirts, long ribbed tanks in every color, great accessories, cute butt jeans, summery dresses...everything. But I can't seem to make any of it work together to form one decent outfit. So, I look through my mom's closet to see if I can find one thing to make it work. NOTHING! I even look in my brother's clothes (something I would never have done when I was younger, the smell in his room could repel for miles). STILL NOTHING! So, I am searching and trying on everything in the house. Keep in mind that this is the whole event of the dream, trying on clothes and growing more and more frustrated that I can't make anything work. I then realize that I am late. So, I rush to do everything else; brush teeth, comb hair, makeup, etc. I decide to try one more time to find something to wear and I am only able to mismatch and leave late. I have had that dream numerous times in my life and never really looked for meaning within it. I just figured that it was an expression of my anxiety over a new year or semester. Any Freudians out there? Got an interpretation for me?

No comments: