Monday, August 28, 2006

Anniversary...the wedding birthday

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. I remember that our first year was the toughest. I think it was hard because we only knew each other for 4 months before we married. I can say with happiness that every year has been better than the last. Through all the ups and downs, I can still say that he is the best person I know and that I'm thankful that he is my best friend through it all. We went out to dinner, just the two of us last Friday at a steakhouse and then we went for a ride on his motorcycle. I love riding on the back of his bullet bike, it makes me feel like when we started dating. We also browsed around Barnes and Noble for awhile. I could live in a bookstore and never grow bored (I know...I'm a nerd). Then, today, we took the kids to eat at a buffet restaurant. Any day that someone cooks besides me is a good day.

We then went to rent movies. Holly picked one we've seen before called "Millions". It's about a boy that sees and talks to saints and finds a bag of money and looks for ways to use it for the good of others. It's really good and also inspirational.

School has been going really well. I think that it might wear me out though. I put the kids to bed last night and had to read a couple of chapters for my grammar class. When I finished, I was exhausted and wondered what time it was. I looked at the time and it was ONLY 10:30. I haven't been to bed that early in quite some time. The class that I am still worried about is my upper level theory class. It's taught by a prof that I had for the lower level theory class and I had such a hard time with it that I had to audit it instead. I am looking forward to my reading though. I just finished "Treasure Island" and was pretty entertained by it. Next, I need to reread "Songs of Innocence and Experience" by William Blake. I read it when we were in London and also had the privilege to view some etchings by Blake up close and personal at the Tate Britian. We also saw some sketches and paintings by William Turner and Rossetti.

Well, my mind is wandering to the movie and I probably won't make much sense if I keep on. Until later.

No comments: