Monday, July 31, 2006

A Weakness

I'm a sucker for a good quote. Here are a few for your pleasure.

Mark Twain:
I refused to attend his funeral. But I wrote a very nice letter explaining that I approved of it. -

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.

Oscar Wilde:
I didn't recognize you. I've changed a lot.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Shel Silverstein:
If you are a dreamer,Come in.If you are a dreamer,A wisher,A liar,A hoper,A prayer,A magic-bean-buyer,If you're a pretender,Come sit by my fire,For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.Come in! Come in!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

If a man can write a better book, preach a better sermon or make a better mousetrap than his neighbor, though he build his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door.

J.D. Salinger
I am kind of a paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.

No comments: