Saturday, November 28, 2009

Week Full of Blessings.

As I mentioned before, Mister is turning 13 tomorrow. It amazes me. He still seems like a little boy to me. I can see the internal struggle in him sometimes, that pulling between boy and young man. Halloween, for example. he was reluctant to say he wanted to trick-or-treat, like he was starting to feel like he was too old for it. But once he saw a costume he really liked, he jumped on the chance to go. And while we were out treating, he steered clear of a house because there were some older teenage boys in front. Ah, the struggle of childhood and growing up. I catch glimpses of maturing in him from time to time. But I'm glad he still plays and has fun.

He chose to have a family party for his birthday and we did it last night. I think we had almost 40 people over for it. The kids ran wild while the adults talked up a storm. Mister made out like a bandit with a pocketful of cash, a lot of Star Wars toys, a Wii from my folks, and Guitar Hero from me, H, Little Man, and Holly. It would be an understatement to say that he was happy with the day.

After everyone left, we hooked up the Wii and the Guitar Hero, well....I hooked it up because I was a little anxious to give it a try. I've only played it once, and it was the drums, not the guitar. When it was my turn, I was pushing the buttons on the guitar arm and the notes weren't playing. I couldn't get it to play. After about a minute of this, Mister came over and let me know that I needed to strum the front too. So I said ok and it worked. Tiny looked at me and said, "Yeah, Mom. If you were playing a real guitar, it wouldn't make noise if you just did the notes with your left hand." Oh yeah, she's a smart one. I had a rioteous laugh with that one.

Other than Mister's bday party on Friday, we had a great Thanksgiving on Thursday at my grandma's. We also had a surprise baby shower today for a cousin. It's been great to get together with the family, especially two cousins that came to visit with their families from out of town. I've felt really blessed this week.

1 comment:

Prina Family said...

I cant believe you have a teenager! You look too young:) Im so happy he had such a great day and that you sound so happy! Love and miss you all!