Friday, January 30, 2009

Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx

I have been trying to keep up a steady pace of reading. One book I just finished is "The Go-To Girl" by Louise Bagshawe. I loved it. The story was great, the characters were believable, and it ended well. I recommend it for a fun read.I am now reading "The Man Who Loved Jane Austen" by Sally Smith O'Rourke. It is also proving to be very enjoyable. It toys with the idea of Fitzwilliam Darcy having been a real person in Jane Austen's life. I'm about halfway through it. Lined up next, I am going to finish reading "The Bronte Project: A Novel of Passion, Desire, and Good PR" by Jennifer Vandever. I began this while in NM and didn't finish it. But it also seemed promising. I'll let you know how they are.

3 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

As to the wedding...it depends, because I work, but I'll try to get some time off. Keep reminding me, because I have a terrible memory and a lot of stress on my plate right now that would cause me to remember even less.

So I've enjoyed catching up with you...via the internet reading your blog. I now really want to get you something from Pottery barn, not to mention tell you that even 25 pounds heavier you are skinnier than I can ever hope to be!

Something McSomethingkins said...

I have not weighed myself in well over 6 months.

Anonymous said...

Yay! More books to read! I've always loved that quote by Marx :)

Someday I'll be able to blog about this fantastic book by Roberta Archer...