Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Just an update

We returned home yesterday from a trip to Boise. H's grandfather passed away last week at the age of 95 and after a really good life. So, we attended the funeral and viewing on Monday. He was a good man that had a good wife and kids. He was always very positive and loved to eat. He worked hard, loved his family, and helped everyone he could along the way. I see a lot of him in H. It was a nice service, full of kind words and a few tears.

Afterward, we attended a reception at H's aunt and uncle's house. H is the youngest of 10 kids and it was the first time in four years that all of them were together. We also got to visit with many aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was really nice to visit and catch up with everyone.

It was a little up in the air if we would go, since I am so far along in the pregnancy. But I visited the doctor on Friday and he was fine with me traveling. My appointment went well. I am already dilated to 2 cm and am 60% effaced. Those of you who have kids know what all that means, those that don't might be a bit put off if I explained. Overall, I feel good for being so far along, but I am having spurts of discomfort. I'm really tired and my feet tend to swell up enough to swallow my ankles. Not very attractive. It helps though when H randomly compliments me and tells me that he thinks I'm very sexy.

I honestly don't know if I'll make it to my due date. But I will keep a close eye on things and keep you updated. I will also try to post pictures soon of the belly, our late Grandpa, and of the trip. Hope you're all doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting closer all the time! How exciting! And I'm sorry that H's grandfather passed away...but what a great life to celebrate!
Love you girl!