Sunday, December 02, 2007

One heck of a weekend...graduations, bdays, and Santa...Oh My!

This weekend was quite full of fun. Thursday was Mister's 11th birthday and, since his party was on Saturday, we had a little family celebration. He got to pick the dinner, Little Caesar's, and the activity, a movie at the dollar theater. He had a good time. Friday, I worked in the morning again with the last rowdy class I had. Except, this time, they were much better. After work/school, we went with H to his boss' house for a few hours. From there, we took the kids to their theater class. After theater, we pretty much headed straight out to a friend's graduation party in a town about 1 1/2 hours away. We didn't stay long because I was exhausted and the snow was getting bad. So we finally arrived home a little after 11pm. Talk about a long day.
Saturday was Mister's party. Since I have been either working or tired all week, I had yet to buy a lot of party supplies and had to make an early morning run to Wally world. That wouldn't have been that eventful, except for the 8 inches of snow on the ground, and the car, and everywhere else. Thanks to 4wd and a slow speed, all went well. However, it was down to zero hour and everything was still not ready. I had to call in reinforcements...I called Mody. Being the rock star that she is, she dropped everything and came to my rescue. She decorated, she frosted, she entertained. She is the best. I now owe her dinner and a movie when she finishes her finals.
Back to the party, I had only a couple games, but I figured out that the older the kids are, the less entertaining I have to do. I led them to the living room with an endless supply of legos and they went wild. Once everyone showed up, I had them do a guessing game with a jar of legos. They had to guess how many were in the jar. BTW, there were 120. A winner was proclaimed and a prize awarded. A bit later, Mister tore into presents and ended up with 3 lego sets, moon sand, a nerf basketball net, cash, and an airsoft bb gun. Not a bad haul. He then blew out the candles on his lego cakes. Grab bags were stuffed with giant pixie sticks, plastic bubbles, candy, and slingshot toys that I'm sure their parents will looove. After they were all sugared up, we sent them home. Good times were had by all.
I bet you thought the day ended there, didn't you?! Nope, after getting showered and changed, we headed to H's company Christmas party at his boss' house. Minutes after we walked in, guess who showed up?! SANTA AND MRS. CLAUSE! In full festive clothing, they sang songs and consulted their 'naughty and nice' book while talking to each person on his lap. It was awesome. Tiny couldn't stop smiling the whole time. Mister even got an extra gift because Santa knew he had just had a birthday. So it went with each person, Santa would consult his list and talk to us, revealing a bit of info that only he would know. It was really great. Following their farewell, we ate some great food and had good conversation. I know the kids had a blast.

And Sunday, we slept in, went to church, and rested up afterwards. I am not really ready to start the new week, but this weekend sure was fun. I hope you all have a great week.

No comments: