Thursday, August 23, 2007

A very full day

I kicked some serious butt on the house today. I mean SERIOUS! I cleaned for at least 6 hours straight today. I even baked and shopped a little. Yesterday afternoon, we invited my brother-in-law and his girlfriend over for dinner tonight. The house has been in a mild state of chaos lately since I have not felt very pressured to do a million things at once (ie. school, home, kids' school, etc). So, today, I really whipped it into shape. I tried a new dessert recipe that is a peanut butter/chocolate combination. It turned out pretty darn good and the bbq was delicious as well. We had burgers, hot links, and chicken. My BIL and his GF just moved here from California and are just getting set up. It was nice to have them over as they are both fun folks.

I'm trying to organize one last LonDolls get-together before Hobby heads back to Denver to finish up school in about a week. With three of the girls back in school, Nobby being a newlywed, and two of them working, it's proving more difficult to organize our outings.

In my reading pile, I have the following:
Bringing Tuscany Home by Frances Mayes (you may know her from Under the Tuscan Sun)
It's about her experiences in Tuscany, the food, the people, and the way it has all changed her life. Very engrossing.
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (for the second time)
Better Homes and Gardens: New Decorating Book (I like to look for new ideas and tips)
Those are a few of the many I am currently perusing. I am also loving the piano solo radio channel on itunes. It's very calming and beautiful.

As for movies, we've recently seen:
The Astronaut Farmer with Billy Bob Thornton and Virginia Madsen. This is a great family movie, inspiring and surprisingly good. I found myself really wrapped up in the main character and his strong belief in fulfilling his dream of going into space. Definitely a good rent.
Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. I rented this because it sounded like a good thriller along the lines of Bourne. The first 3/4 of the movie seemed to meet my expectation, and then it went down another road, like a Chuck Norris/Steven Seagal vengeance story. It has a lot of action, too much violence for young viewers, and would definitely please the male viewer. I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Well, my full day of work is catching up to me and I think I will have a slice of dessert and then head to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: