Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream....

I have got to stop drinking energy drinks after 7pm. As you can see from the time of this post, the one I had tonight has yet to fully wear off. I never have trouble sleeping. I could be right in the middle of an argument, really upset, and still nod off at bedtime with no problem. However, it seems that the lingering caffeine is the only culprit that will keep me awake. So, there I was, laying in bed with a million things running through my mind and nowhere near sleep. I was mostly thinking about paint schemes for different rooms of the house, and where to build bookshelves, how to replace some of the trim, if I should strip some paint, replace sections of drywall, and where I could find more of the existing tile in the downstairs bathroom. Now do you see why I couldn't sleep?

Today was pretty uneventful, minus the power outtage. While the kids and I were eating breakfast, we heard a loud boom and all the power went out. I looked outside to see our powerlines bouncing up and down. On the corner of our street, there are construction guys tearing up a lot to resell. While they were removing an old tree, it fell and hit a low-lying powerline and took down the whole pole. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the power was only out for about a half hour. Other than that, we had a late picnic in the park and browsed around Barnes and Noble until closing time. Mister is very much into the Dinotopia books now and I will need to be ordering more of those soon.

The fall semester started today (er, yesterday). I listened to Mody and Trippy telling me about their new, super-busy semester classes and was about to gloat that I wasn't in school and didn't have to worry about classes and homework, but then I realized that I would love to be in their shoes right now. I miss school, reading texts, having class discussions, and learning. Grad schools seems so far away. The kids start school next week and they are really excited. When they are gone, I really won't know what to do with myself. Maybe I'll keep working on the house some more. Well, that's all for now. Maybe I'll try sleeping again. Goodnight/morning.

No comments: