Tuesday, May 01, 2007

3 Days Until...

Graduation is on Friday. I'm so excited. My parents will be coming in tomorrow and my brother and his family will come in on Thursday. I've had to give myself a reality check more than once that I am actually done with my undergrad work. I keep thinking that I have homework to do and classes to sign up for. I have to remind myself that my 9 year journey is finally going to pay off, I am actually going to put on the cap and gown and walk.

My house is still in shambles, but I'll be busting butt on it today. Whatever I don't finish up, I'm sure my mom will whip out in the first hour she is here. That's how she is, a go-getter. I am so grateful for my parents. They always just expected us to go to school. My mom, having been married twice before meeting my dad, always stressed the importance of being able to take care of yourself and your family. My dad showed me it was possible when I watched him working two jobs, going to class after work, and staying up late to do homework. He wanted to make life better for his family, and worked hard to do it. They have always been really loving and accepting of our decisions in life.


After the graduation, we're going to party back at our house. We'll be BBQing, eating cake, and maybe a little dancing. We party hard around here. As for after graduation, my parents will be staying until Monday and then I start a little side job for my father-in-law. He has a place south of here that he is remodeling and wants me to finish up some painting for him. It will go quick, but he offered to pay me to do it. I also received an interesting email from the university about a job opportunity in the local schools, helping high school students prep for college and informing them about financial aid. It looks like something worth checking out. Other than that, I'll be signing up to substitute teach in the nearby districts. We'll have to see how that works out.

Well, I better get to work on the house. I still need to buy new locks for the windows, storage baskets, and start planning the menu for the rest of the week and the party. Hope you all have as great a week as I will.

No comments: