Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Time Well Spent

I must still miss the hectic, up all night schedule from when I was in school, or I'm just a glutton for punishment. It is 2:45 am and I just finished making and writing about 32 birthday invitations for Mister's party. The invitations are shaped like legos; square with two round pegs on top. They came out pretty good and I am really proud...and VERY tired. I will post pics of them in the morning because I am too exhausted to even go downstairs and take pics of them.

So, why am I not in bed, you ask? Because a thought occurred to me and, of course, I had to share. I was thinking about how much of a toll all these late nights probably take on my body and realized something. When I am looking back on my life and trying to figure out where my youthfulness was spent, I will remember very late nights; writing English essays, cramming literature information into my brain, sewing/painting/inventing Halloween costumes, and decorating and hand-writing more than thirty birthday party invitations for the next day. Why? Because I get a smile from it, a thank you. And you know what? Though I might often wake up tired, have a darker shade under my eyes, or even gain a wrinkle or two........I LOVE EVERY FREAKIN MOMENT OF IT!

No comments: