Thursday, November 08, 2007

I need to figure out how to occasionally make two of me

Good news: I was invited along to a Books and Authors Luncheon with a friend today where they feature great authors and books.

Bad news: I had to decline the offer because I was stuck in, er, I mean, substituting a 6th grade class full of the most talkative, wild kids I've had the (dis)pleasure of teaching since a group of kindergarteners a while back.

I was sooo tired at the end of the day, counting down the minutes until the bell rang, and saying to myself that THIS is the reason I haven't decided on going into teaching yet. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing the insides of that classroom again anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, the kids were good kids, individually. But, get more than two together in the same room, and you have chaos. I'm really glad that I don't teach tomorrow.

So, tomorrow night, I'm meeting up with 3 of the other 4 LonDolls to go see "The Jane Austen Book Club" at the theater. I haven't seen two of them in a few weeks, so it should be great. Saturday, the kids are going to attend a church activity and then have some friends over to play. And, of course, Sunday is church. I'm hoping for a nice, relaxing weekend. Think it'll happen?

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Oooh, let us know about the movie. Sorry about your rough go of it with 6th graders. Hey, if that's not a free pass to heaven, nothing is.

My email: Andrea.Paventi@gmail.com

Oh, not that I don't love me a good sex story, but the tone of this column is going to be about why people have sex more before marriage and kids than after. What is it about marriage that dampers the sex life? Of course, tips to improve will be great. But it's more on the psychology rather than platitudes on "get a new hair cut and please your man in bed!" bla bla bla...

Done rambling.