Reading my some of my posts that ramble on and on, you may not know that I actually have an English degree, can write intelligibly (I have college papers covering literary theory to prove it), and have a life goal to write a book. Well, I am working on that goal and am going to need the help of all you lovely people.
I want to do some research into how people decide what career they would like to go into, what they do to get there, and what happens once they are doing it. So, here are some questions that would help me out if you want to answer and contribute to my research. Thanks in advance.
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
2. Did you end up doing it?
3. Were your natural talents/skills/abilities a deciding factor in your choice?
4. What did you do to prepare for your career? School? Training? Internship? Anything else?
5. How do you like it so far?
6. What are the positives and negatives of your career?
7. Is there anything you would have done differently in preparing for your career? More training? Earlier experience? Less focus on unnecessary schooling? Etc...
You can answer these as a comment or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.