Friday, November 14, 2008

Turning over a new...er, another leaf.

I am pursuing a new interest. Tiny has a BFF whose mother, I have come to find out, also graduated with an English degree. And like me, she also found that there was an abundance of uses for that degree in the job market...(sarcasm intended). Anyway, she decided to look into graphic design. The more she discussed it, the more my interest grew. It sounded like a job that would make good use of my English background and my creativity. So, she lent me a book that she used to begin learning photoshop. I have already started fiddling with it and have to say that I am having fun. My perfectionism might cause me to spend quite a bit of time on it, but I like what I've worked on so far. I have been following the tutorials in the book and have made these:
I just followed the instructions and the examples and it was pretty simple. The hard part will be remembering all the tools and ways to change things. I'm not even finished with the first chapter. I'm sure I will be learning a lot. Who knows? I may be able to use it for something lucrative...like a job.

2 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

Pretty, Birdy! Keep posting your artworks for us!

Nicole said...

Awesome. Good job!