Saturday, April 22, 2006

A good week

Well, my parents left today to go back home. They were visiting us for a week and I was really sad to see them go. I didn't realize how sad until we were leaving the airport and I couldn't stop crying. I really miss my family. I DO love SLC, but having my parents here made it hit hard how much I miss them and don't realize it.

We got really spoiled this week. They helped us purchase a lot of things for our home and make it more comfortable. The kids got some new clothes, shoes, and toys. And unlimited love from their Mamaw and Papaw. I'm going to miss them. I don't think we'll be able to make it back home until the end of summer or Christmas. It was excellent having them here. My house has never been this clean!

I also read in a friend's blog today and that her friend/coworker died in a car accident this last week. It was really sad. It made me think about how life can end any day without notice. I have so much I want to do and experience with my family. I want to travel with my children all over the world. Learn two more languages. Graduate college and walk across that stage after perservering through almost 11 years of school. I want to teach, and do it well. I want to see my children happy, educated, successful, and enjoying life each day (the good and the bad). I guess I want it all. I hope I make it to see it all. I hope we all do.

3 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

I know exactly how you feel. This whole experience made me think along the same lines. But it made me want to be a better person right away, so that I can go at any time without feeling any regrets about leaving things undone. I have a lot of things I want to do, but if I don't get around to them, at least I got to spend a lot of time with all the people that I love.

I'm sad I didn't get to meet your parents. This week was just too crazy though. I totally skinned my knee lazer tagging at my other friend's party though. I finally found a sport I'm really not so good at.

Roberta said...

Man! Who's not good at lazer tag!? I played that when I was like 8 and killed at it. J/K. You can make it up to me with either a BIG present or you can come to NM with us on the next trip. K? K!

Something McSomethingkins said...

Heck yes I will. Come with you that is. And if you tell me what you want I might get you the present as well.

I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be shooting at, and how to tell if I'd hit it, so I'd shoot someone continually, then they'd shoot me back while I was still shooting.