Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Saturday Full of Love

Well, I have finally found a movie that Colin Firth is in where I don't care for his character. I'm not saying that his acting was bad, it just made me dislike him...unheard of for the YUMMY Colin Firth. Can you guess what it is? Shakespeare in Love. I've only seen bits of it before and had the honor tonight of watching it in its entirety. I LOVE that movie. Not for the love story so much, but for the story of the theater and the play being put together. It made me love Romeo and Juliet. I love when they finally act it out for an audience and you see what the real audiences reactions may have been like when Romeo and Juliet was presented for the first time. The longing, the love, the tears. Amazing! It inspires me to write. And you, the readers of my blog, get to reap the fruits of that inspiration. Lucky you, eh?

We saw another movie tonight at the dollar theater...Fun with Dick and Jane. I know, I know...not the best movie in the world, but I enjoyed it a lot. I know it doesn't have the theatrics and emotion of Memoirs of a Geisha or Shawshank Redemption. But hey, sometimes you just want to laugh and who better to make you than Jim Carrey. Fun for the whole family.

I went crazy today at Savers. It's the most awesome thrift store...besides Pib's Xchange, but that's just clothes. I ended up spending $55 and more than an hour in there. I only stopped cause the kids were looking a little ragged. However, they got they're choice of toys and I got some new(ish) curtains, a purse, and clothes. I wore one of the new shirts to the theater tonight and it wasn't until I sat down to the computer just now that I noticed that the cuffs of this shirt looked a bit long. Low and behold, they're supposed to be folded. Oh well, I had my kids with me when I wore it and everyone knows that if a mom makes it out of the house fully clothed then she's got her stuff together. If she matches, then she's a genius. There's awards for those who come out in something clean. I haven't gotten the call for that one yet. Oh well.

My daughter has taken up snowboarding and expresses her desire to go every free moment. Thankfully, she has a wonderful father who will take her when she wants because her mother has yet to sit on a ski lift or strap on anything to go down a mountain. My son has also done some snowboarding but seems to want to try out skiing too. After a snowboarding trip, my husband and his brothers regale me with the stories of their falls, trips, and close calls coming down the mountain face first. They then look at me and say, "You got to try it!" I'm sure that I will join in on the fun sooner or later, but for now I remain on the sidelines of that adventure.

1 comment:

Something McSomethingkins said...

I haven't seen that one yet, though I need to. My Shakespeare professor recommended it. I don't know if it makes you not like Colin Firth though. I have a picture of him in my fridge. It makes me smile and simper appreciably everytime I open the fridge.