Saturday, February 11, 2006

Insurance, Never Leave Home Without It

Well, another Saturday has passed with not much accomplished. Hubby took the kids snowboarding today. The kids seem to really like it and will be sticking with it. I decided to stay home. I was supposed to do homework, seeing as how I've let myself get behind in that. However, the allure of a free day by myself somehow led me to Pib's Xchange, trying on jeans. For those unfamiliar with this store, it is in Sugarhouse and is a second-hand clothing store that always has great stuff. I've bought my last 4 pairs of jeans there. As enjoyable as this was, my happiness was hampered by the fact that my jean size has increased. I surmised that it is an evil conspiracy by the jean manufacturers to make us worry about our size and force us to kill ourselves exercising until we look like Barbie. Well, I'm onto them and I'm not giving in...I bought the larger size. I will not say what size it was though because no matter what size it is there is always someone that one scoffs as if I just said that I was a size 0 and am the fattest thing in the world. Just cause I'm not bulging out of a size 20 does not mean that I can't feel like I need to lose a few pounds. So there!

Enough of that rant. My friend in Colorado sent me some pics from her trip to Europe last April. She went to Austria, Berlin, and Slovakia among others. She visits Rome a lot too. I wouldn't mind doing some more traveling in Europe. I yearn for London at least every other day.

Oh, a word of advice. Check the little tube that connects at the back of your toilet to make sure that it is tight and secure. Weird, I know, but you'll thank me. While we were at church the other day, that tube on our upstairs toilet came undone and wreaked havoc. It must have been spraying the bathroom for about two hours cause that little hose did some major damage. We walked in to a waterfall on our stairs, dripping in the main hallway, and another waterfall from our downstairs bathroom light fixture. We had to pull out the hall carpets, dry some of the bedroom and living room carpet, pull out the light fixture, and vacuum a lot of water. Did I mention that we just bought this house last month? Well, thankfully, we have insurance and it will be covered. Our poor house is in some shambles though and it's depressing to see. Hard to believe it's because of a little toilet tube. We are thankful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. At least it was water and not anything additional. So, remember to check that hose!!! Oh, and have insurance just in case.

2 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

Funny, as I was reading your blog I was just about to comment on the size 0 thing before I read that part. To that I say boo hoo, cry me a river and drown in it. But don't really, because that would be sad. Yeah, so what's with everyone having toilet troubles lately? Whitney's septic tank, I think Bree said something about hers though I could just be making it up because of a conversation we had that mentioned Whit's problems, and my little sis blew up a toilet at work this week. It amazes me what she manages to accomplish.

Andrea Frazer said...

I know I'm commenting on an old post, but have to say something about the toilet pipes. LOL! During a bathroom re-do we couldn't figure out why we were invaded by cockroaches (I'm not the best housekeeper, but I attempt not to have breedy little roaches around) Um, apparently you're not supposed to leave a toilet pipe open for days on end without putting tape over it? Duhhhhhhhhhh