Friday, July 10, 2009

"Old Person" Camping

I am learning something really important from my studies for the AFOQT...I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did. I may have an English degree, but I don't know a lot of words. And I may have a lot of math practice from helping Mister with his algebra, but I can't figure out how to determine the uneven number of dimes and nickels in $2.20. I found myself asking the same question that plagued me through high school...when am i ever going to need to know this stuff? Well, I guess I have my answer...I will need it when I decide to apply for officer commission in the AF. So, I have a lot of studying ahead of me.

As for the title of this post, my parents had a camping trip planned this weekend and we are going to tag along. Now, when I think of camping, I think of tents on the ground, sleeping bags and a campfire for all the cooking. My parents, however, have decided that camping for them will be a large cabin, hot tub, pool, and beds. In other words, a bare-bones hotel. But, hey, I ain't complaining. I was never terribly fond of using leaves for toilet paper and sharing sleeping space with a moose (yes, it's happened). So, this weekend, we will be high in the mountains, enjoying the air and catching some fish. Catch ya later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I just caught up with your posts! I haven't been on the computer that much recently-if I have it has just been for mere minutes.

I am SOOOOOO praying for you, girlfriend!

I love you!

Jen

Heidi said...

I like their kind of camping.